Application use causes -508 error

Mike_King

I have a client on a WinXPpro system who will backup successfully as long as they do not change the status of to the applications open when the backup starts. If they close or open any applications I will recieve a -508 error. This is making it very hard for the user to work or retrospect to backup the clinet. Any thoughts on what could be causing this.

Mike

What version of the client software and application? The 508 error, assuming that you are at the latest version of Retrospect, should only occur if a users turns off the Retrospect Client. Opening or closing other applications should not affect the backup.

Is it just this one client? Do you have other clients that do not behave like this?

Is it opening or closing the applications that causes the problem?

Are they logging out?

Have you tried reinstalling the client?

It is happening to only one of lots of clinets in the company. No other client in the company behaves like this. I have re-installed the client. Retrospect does not close the applications or log the user out. If a backup of the system is running and the user closes the application, that is when we recieve the error. We have not tested to see if opening an application causes the problem. We first started noticing this when the client would notice his system was being backed up by the slowing of their computer and would close applications down to make the backup run more efficient and then would go to lunch. As they closed the application then the backup would stop.

Archived