Client License code

jhdean

I made the mistake of installing the client software with it's license code on the same computer as the Desktop software. I uninstalled it and installed it on the client computer. It did not ask for the license code and I recieved the message that it didn't have a license code when I tried to log on to the client.

How do I correct the situation so I have can use the purchased client license code on the correct computer?

Thanks,

jhdean

Recent versions of the client don't ask for a license code. In fact, I don't think that the client installer has ever asked for a license code. It may be asking for a password or security code; if so, this is a code that you make up and can be anything.

It also sounds like you may have installed the client successfully, but are unable to log it in to the application. If so, then you may only have a Desktop application, which does not come with the ability to add clients (this must be purchased separately). You also may have purchased the Workgroup edition (or a client pack for your desktop edition) and you are trying to log in a server as a client. This requires the Server edition.

If neither of these are the case, please provide details:

- what operating system both computers are running

- what edition and version number or Retrospect you have

- what you are trying to do, precisely, and

- what exactly the error that you are getting is.

Thanks,

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived