Loader no longer shows since upgrading to Panther

I am running Retrospect 5.0.238 on an Xserve 1GHz 512MB with Mac OSX Server. Recently I upgraded the server system from Jaguar to Panther 10.3.9. Since this upgade the pull down loader menu no longer appears and I can no longer select tapes from the Lacie AIT3 8 Slot Tape Library.

I have had a look on the site for answers and all I can find is to try separating the SCSI ID for the tape drive and the library by 3, so i have set my drive to 2 and the library to 5. This made no difference. I ahve also updated the drivers for the SCSI card, an ATTO PI UL3S-66 to the latest version, again no difference.

I can still restore from tapes if I load them manually, but Retrospect just doesn't seem to acknowledge that there is a library of tapes, even though it shows in the devices section.

Any pointers that anybody can give me to get this resolved would be greatfully received.

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi

Retrospect 5.0 is not supported in OSX 10.3. It won't support the latest SCSI drivers from Atto either.

Can you download and install the trial version of Retrospect 6.1 to see if the problems continue? This will tell us if it is a hardware problem or not.

Thanks

nate

Archived