I just received my Retrospect Express package and have not had the nerve to open the box.

I have a USB Buslink 60gig external hard drive that I bought thinking it would be the perfect backup medium, but from all I have read it is not in any compatibility listing.

It is partitioned 30gig each..I had planned to backup both C and D drives to E and F..I don't even know if can handle a partition..

Does anyone from Dantz read these messages and reply? Or is this a mumble to ourselves forum, the blind leading the blind..:)..I am sure most of you are very technical but I have no one to ask my dumb questions of, except you..I wrote to Dantz Customer Service and never got a reply so I called and listened to the fees required for help and thought I was talking to MicroSoft..:) I did find out I have 30 days to ask questions, but they were more concerned that I didn't get a reply then answering detailed questions..

1:) will it handle usb drives?

2:) will it support partitions?

3:) how easy does it retore in case of a crash..this is always where I have been let down with backup and restore programs in the past, none of them cheap..How do you get to your C: backup if your C: drive has crashed?..and they do..

thanks, in advance..--Phyllis

The Buslink USB hard drive is not supported by OS X, so if you are on OS X, you won't be able to use this as a backup device. From your post, it seems that you are not using this OS. If you can confirm, we can be sure this post is in the right forum.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech SUpport

Archived