Retrospect 6.1.126 "No Backup Devices Found"

In the device status panel, I'm getting the "No Backup Devices Found" notification. When trying to rescan the SCSI bus, it flashes the scan status panel for a brief instant then disappears (under previous versions, you could see it update as it hit each SCSI bus and channel). I don't have this problem in 6.0.x except now that I made the move to 6.1.x, 6.0.x can't read the tapes - brilliant!

Apple System Profiler and ATTO Config tool can readily see and access the library and drives on the SCSI bus.

Here are the Hardware Stats:

CPU - PowerMac G4, 533Mhz, OS 10.4.7

SCSI Card: ATTO UL4D (also tried with UL3D with similar problems) driver version 3.5.0

Backup Hardware: Overland Storage Library Pro autoloader (SCSI Bus 1, ID 2) with two Sony AIT-3 drives (SDX-700C) - (SCSI Bus 1, IDs 0 and 1)

Any ideas?

Hi,

Just a suggestion - I've seen rearranging SCSI id's alleviate communications issues in other cases. The recommended ID scheme for a dual drive loader would be: Drives: IDs 1 and 2, Library: ID 5.

The rules of thumb for SCSI: no device should be on ID 0. The drive(s) should preceed the library. The IDs of drive(s) and library should be seperated by 3.

Archived