I'm hoping that someone can help me with this. I have a G3 or G4 Mac (not sure which one it is, but most likely a G3) running on OS X version 10.3.9. I have Retrospect set to automatically run at midnight every night, and recently started getting the following error message: Script EasyScript Backup: Not Ready: Can't access catalog for backup set Iomega_HDD, error -43 (file/folder not found)

It was running fine before, so why am I getting this message? The book doesn't explain things very well, so I'm hoping that someone here can help explain it in terms I can understand. This is the same message that came up on my computer (the computer I'm writing about is my boss'), and now I can't get Retrospect to run on my computer, either.

Thanks!

hi fire,

do you log out of the computer at night? if so, OS X will unmount external FW HD's. could this be what's going on here? if so, you should be able to run Retrospect fine during the day, and only be getting this error at night, after you've logged out and unwittingly unmounted the drive so that the files on it, "can't be found".

the computer with this error message on it is kept on at all times - could that maybe be the problem? Do you think I should restart the computer?

And thanks, Lennart, I'll do that tomorrow and let you know what I find. However, I can't run Retrospect on my computer either - now it's just giving me a general error message, but I think it's because there's something going on with the catalog or something.

Quote:

now it's just giving me a general error message, but I think it's because there's something going on with the catalog or something.

Maybe it would help if you were just a bit more vague about everything...

waltr's question about users being logged into the Finder did not mean is the computer simply on. An OS X machine can be on with no user logged in, in which case any external hard drives will be invisible to Retrospect.

Dave

blush.gif I'm almost embarrassed to tell you how I fixed the problem - the external hard drive was unplugged. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with Retrospect on my computer. Do you think I should re-install the program on my computer?

Archived