Problem with restore

emaiz

Hi everyone,

I just bought Retrospect Express 5.6 with Tape Drive Seagate Travan 4/8GB. I used to make back up with HP Colorado Travan 4/8GB. The drive don't work anymore. Therefore, I had to buy a new tape backup drive. My problem is when I do backup, I have a file in which is copy protected and ask the new key code to use the program. The company is not longer support the software. I need to find a way to make backup where I will restore the program without need to enter a new key code number. In the previous software HP I didn't any problem, but right now with Restrospect I can't do backup without enter a new key code number.

Thank You by your cooperation,

Enrique Maiz

So you backed up a program that had this code. You want to restore this program with it's code....so that the program will work since you can't get this particular program anymore. Am I on the right track?

Not all programs will allow you to do this. Office XP is an example - sometimes when you restore it, it will make you put in your license code again (customers have seen this). It's a security function built into the product so that you can't back it up and take it to a bunch of machines and install it. I do not think there is going to be much we (Dantz) can do for you.

Retrospect performs the backup file by file. You may require an "image" backup to capture this code.

Archived