Can't see mapped drive letters in Retrospect

I have been using Retrospect Desktop v 5.1 for a year and a half with no problems on my home peer to peer PC network. I've got drives mapped to various PC's around the house, and I've defined the volumes for inclusion in my script. I recently added a laptop to the network, and was completely flummoxed in my attempts to add the mapped volume to Retrospect. Driver letter/Mapping shows up fine in Explorer, but Retrospect does not let me browse or choose anything except the local drives. I have even uninstalled retrospect and reinstalled it....now I can't even get to my drive letters I had previously mapped to. Any ideas? The Knowledgebase and Manual are silent on this one.

Help!!!! I am without backups until this is resolved.

Chauncey

To back these volumes up through Retrospect, you must go to Configure -> Volumes and map these volumes through Retrospect by clicking the Network button. Unless these volumes are mapped through Retrospect, you will be unable to see or use them.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Yes, that is excatly where I was going, and had gone there successfully in the past...however, it took me into networking, Global network, Microsoft Network, and nothing---none of the options for my network drives or workgroup machines--would show up in there even though I was mapped.

I stumbled upon the solution, though. A while ago I had turned off the Primary login to Network for Microsoft Windows--back to Windows login. While I was still automatically remapping fine through explorer, Retrospect stopped letting me see these drives until I turned this back on and "logged in" to my network (not a server validated login, btw).

This would make a good tip for your Knowledge Base. Thank you for your response.

Archived