A Letter from the CEO

Mayoff

My name is David Mueller and I am the new CEO of Retrospect – the backup and recovery software solution successfully relied upon by thousands of customers for over 30 years. I am writing to provide you with an update of several positive changes that have recently taken place.

Firstly, Retrospect has recently undergone a significant restructuring in connection with its former parent company and is now under the ownership of Serene Investment Management based in Berkeley, California, USA. I want to express my enthusiasm and optimism as we embark on this new chapter and provide you with an update on our current operations, as well as our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional backup and recovery software solutions.

Following the restructuring, I am thrilled to report that we have assembled a team of experienced technology executives who will lead Retrospect towards immediate growth and success. Members of Retrospect’s talented and tenured Engineering, Sales and Support team have also been retained to preserve vital institutional knowledge and to ensure business continuity. With new leadership in place, we remain fully committed to serving our partners, value-added resellers (VARs), and above all, our end-users.

I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to our vibrant community of users, who have shown unwavering support for Retrospect within their communities, online, and across various platforms. We hear your feedback, and we are determined to reciprocate your enthusiasm by delivering excellence in all our endeavors moving forward.

A notable outcome of the recent restructuring is that Retrospect has secured the necessary funding to foster its growth and solidify its position as a global leader in the backup and recovery software industry. Our undivided attention is now focused on continuous innovation, improvement, and the delivery of Retrospect’s flagship backup solutions, including the recent Version 19 release, which boasts key features such as:

• S3-compatible object storage

• OS compliance monitoring

• Anomaly detection

• 2 Factor Authentication, and

• Enhanced Immutable Retention policies.

In the upcoming weeks and months, we have an array of product updates planned to further enhance and streamline our offerings. We are diligently working on future products, website upgrades, and other innovative tools to support your backup and recovery needs. Also, we plan to host a VAR workshop and Q&A in the coming weeks to introduce the new management team and discuss future plans.

I am tremendously excited about Retrospect’s future under the guidance of our new management team and our renewed focus. Above all, I eagerly anticipate the continued growth and enduring relationship we share with each and every one of you.

Yours sincerely,
David Mueller
CEO – Retrospect

Questions?
If you require assistance in determining whether your license requirements are up-to-date or wish to upgrade to the latest Version 19 release, we encourage you to visit the Upgrade Wizard on our website here or reach out to our sales team at sales@retrospect.com for guidance. For any questions or concerns you may have about Retrospect, our support team is readily available at support@retrospect.com.