Client v18 on Apple Silicon - Does It Work?

Running Big Sur on an M1 Mini, want to backup DAS to a Windows 2019 server running Retrospect Server v18 over LAN.  I've had a search through the forums and can't find much regarding M1 clients.  Not much in the documentation either.  I'd rather not share the volume and mount it on the server unless I have to.

Interested in your experience running client on an M1 Mac.  TIA!

Great!  Our Win server is running Retrospect 18, so we're good there - it's already backing up a pair of Synology NAS boxes without issue.  I don't need to back up the M1 itself, just the RAID that's attached to it, but I didn't want to do it via 'sharing' unless I had to.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 11/3/2021 at 10:39 AM, Mayoff said:

Retrospect fully supports M1 hardware. If you are trying to back up the M1 over the network to the Windows system, you would need to run Retrospect for Windows on the 2019 server and put Retrospect Client onto the M1

hi, it's still Intel, not M1(ARM), and i have problem with the client, it is quite unstable for the client for me. Any time we can have the native ARM version ?, not the Intel translated bad performance version. 

Regards,

JD

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, JackDan said:

hi, it's still Intel, not M1(ARM), and i have problem with the client, it is quite unstable for the client for me. Any time we can have the native ARM version ?, not the Intel translated bad performance version.

What sort of trouble are you having?  It's been really stable for me, Big Sur and now Monterey.  I've kept server and client updated to latest versions, fwiw.

Only issue I've had is having to re-establish pw in Retrospect on the server after a Windows update.