Disaster recovery from several backup sets

I finally got my 10G C: drive backed up into 3 backup sets on my external drive (Retrospect Desktop with Win2K Pro). Now it's time to cut the disaster recovery CD. One question: when it's time to select a snapshot, the disaster recovery wizard help screen gives these instructions: "In the top part of the window, select the backup set that has the latest complete backup of the system volume (the disk Windows starts from) to prepare for disaster recovery." However, my system volume required 3 backup sets, so no backup set contains the complete system volume. How should I proceed? Can I select the backup set that contains the \WinNT directory and create the recovery CD with that?

Thanks,

Mike

Use the one that backed up your Windows Folder to creat the ISO image.

May I ask why you had to create 3 backupsets? Win 2k drives can be formated in NTFS which gets around any file size limitations....if that was the reason why.

Great, thanks, Melissa.

For some reason, W2K was unable to format my external USB drive as NTFS. The only message it gave was "Windows is unable to format the drive." Maybe the driver doesn't support it? I'm a UNIX guy, so these Windows problems usually stump me completely.

Anyway, thanks again.

Mike

Archived