Hi

Is it possible to change the day that the week starts on....? The reason i ask is because I want to set a 2 week rotating backup starting every Friday with a recycle backup on the Thursday night before (to Set A) and the next day (Friday) a normal backup to Set B. I am not sure i explained that correctly but when i try and set it up with four different schedules it doesnt work correctly. It ends up wanting to change the HD on a Saturday night which doesnt suit we only work Monday - Friday (but we backup at weekends for various reasons)....!

Any ideas.

Richie

Are you saying that you can't edit your backup script so that its schedule shows the days you want, or are you saying that Retrospect ignores the schedule you created in the script when executing it?

We rotate through three backup sets, with different actions depending on the day of the week, and have never had a problem creating scripts to suit, or having them execute properly.

Hi

No you can't. You will need to add some extra schedules to make it work the way you want it to. you are on the right track though:

1)Recycle backup to set A on thursday, Weeks 2, start date= this monday

2)Normal backup to set B on friday, Weeks 2, start date= this monday

3)Normal backup to set B on Mon-Wed, Weeks 2, Start date= next monday

4)Recycle backup to set B on thursday, Weeks 2, start date=next monday

5)Normal backup to set A on friday, Weeks 2, Start date=next monday

6)Mormal backup to set A on Mon-Wed, Weeks 2, Start date=the monday after next

Don't let the "monday" part confuse you. Just use those dates and it should set up properly for you.

Thanks

Nate

Archived