Thanks! 6.0.204 works fine with OS 10.3.5 on my G4.

Although the before-installation run of Repair Permissions had found no problems, the post-installation run had to repair some permissions. So it may be a good idea for other folks to plan on running Repair Permissions immediately after re-start and before launching anything.

Installation of 6.0.204 automatically deleted the old driver and replaced it with RDU 5.9.104. I had been prepared to install the new RDU which was listed as a seperate release by VersionTracker.com just below 6.0.204.

First test: I just duplicated both volumes of my drive with 6.0.204 with a script and then tested the clone on the 2nd internal hard drive with TechTool Pro 4.0.3's volume, finder info, and file tests. I also did a directory rebuild with DiskWarrior 3.0.2. No problems were found by either TTP or DW. I then booted the clone made with 6.0.204 and ran an incident-free check with Repair Permissions.

Respectfully, Norm

Glad to hear that 6.0.204 will automatically install the 5.9.104 driver. I just downloaded the 6 update without problem from the Dantz web site, but could not download Driver 5.9.104...the ftp link kept displaying "gobbeldygook" instead of actually downloading a file.

Thurletta

Quote:

Thanks! 6.0.204 works fine with OS 10.3.5 on my G4.

Although the before-installation run of Repair Permissions had found no problems, the post-installation run had to repair some permissions. So it may be a good idea for other folks to plan on running Repair Permissions immediately after re-start and before launching anything.

Installation of 6.0.204 automatically deleted the old driver and replaced it with RDU 5.9.104. I had been prepared to install the new RDU which was listed as a seperate release by VersionTracker.com just below 6.0.204.

First test: I just duplicated both volumes of my drive with 6.0.204 with a script and then tested the clone on the 2nd internal hard drive with TechTool Pro 4.0.3's volume, finder info, and file tests. I also did a directory rebuild with DiskWarrior 3.0.2. No problems were found by either TTP or DW. I then booted the clone made with 6.0.204 and ran an incident-free check with Repair Permissions.

Respectfully, Norm

The URL given here returns 'page not found'. I think the correct URL is

www.dantz.com/en/support/updates.dtml

Quote:

Today we released some major updates for Retrospect 6.0 for Mac

6.0.204 of Retrospect

5.9.104 of the Driver Update

6.0.109 of the Retrospect Client for Mac

For download info and change info visit

This update is recommended for all 6.0 customers.

Archived