Clients not accessible after reinstall

cfieldgate

OK, so this probably won't affect too many people I guess.

I have rebuilt the PC I run Retrospect on using Microsoft's MDT 2013 / ADK tool set. This allows me to install / refresh the O/S and the apps that I want in a clean and controlled fashion and restore the PC to a specified User State. Retrospect is one of the apps.

After the rebuild I copy back the catalogs (to My Documents of my Backup account) and the configuration data (to C:\Programdata\Retrospect) and configure the Launcher service to start Retrospect with a my Backup account credentials (which has access to my NAS shares). I can then use Retrospect with all of my configurations and logs as before.

All this works fine. However, my Clients are no longer accessible. I have to delete them and add them again, which is a real pain.

I'd really like to avoid this - when I restored the configuration data I assumed this would cover the Clients too (it restores the Licence Key, scripts etc.). So where is this Client information stored?

The client login/client database is included inside the configxx.dat file for Retrospect.

That's what I would have thought. But since I have restored the entire C:\ProgramData\Retrospect folder - which includes config77.dat file (and it's backup) - I don't understand why the Clients are no longer accessible.

BTW - I am running Retrospect v9.0.1.

OK, so I ended up rebuilding the PC as before (using the LiteTouch process) and doing exactly the same file copying as before. It all works now! The only issue was redefining the local drives in Volumes and fixing up any scripts that used local drives.

Edited by Colin F