Retrospect 8.1 - transaction error

So since upgrading to 8.1 (Windows - which is effectively a bunch of patches) I have been seeing this error:

27/12/2012 23:57:35: Connected to Demo Server 2 (edgedemo02)

ncwnLoaderDLTask: service file "msvcr100.dll" download failed, error -523 ( service transaction error)

Can't access backup client Demo Server 2 (edgedemo02), error -523 ( service transaction error)

The only solution seems to be a manual uninstall and reinstall process, adding the client back in again, then adding it back into all the scripts manually - not ideal!

Anyone else seeing this?

Not seen any Asset errors yet though, thankfully! and the 'file not found' errors I get when backing up have now gone. However.. during backups I see things like "6GB remaining, operation complete" which concerns me that files are now being missed, or there is a disconnect between that counter and the newly filtered out files in 8.1.

I'll raise it with support, but 8.1 is a good step forward in reliability, I think...!

Richard

David; can you get an upgrade file out for the 8.1 client? You seriously can't expect us to uninstall/reinstall on 50+ client machines and 40 servers one-by-one, after just upgrading them all to 8.0 a few weeks back?

At least if there is an upgrade installer I can choosr the updater and push it to the attached clients.

Incidentally, one of the things I recommended years back, was that the RS admin can choose which machines/groups are upgraded - rather than ALL clients upgrade at the same time.

Richard

Because this is a pre-release version, we have not completed all the work needed for the installer to handle the update from one version to another. The final release will work as expected when updating clients. From the release notes:

Updating Windows clients:

A Retrospect Client Updater (.rcu), which provides centralized client updating from the Retrospect server, is NOT available for Windows clients at this time. You will need to install the Retrospect Client manually on any Windows clients that you want to test with the pre-release build.