Retrospect Server 6.0 Fails to Automount Backup

I just upgraded to Retrospect Server version 6.

I've got a file backup set on a remote server (running OS X Server v10.3.3) that Retrospect Server 6 has never been able to mount unattended. I've configured the Backup Set to save the username and password for the remote account and tested this repeatedly, but Retrospect will log a -43 error every time.

Retrospect can see the backup catalog properly if I manually mount the backup set volume first, or if I run the script immediately (i.e., unscheduled). This is hardly helpful.

Why would Retrospect be able to mount the appropriate destination volume, backup to it, then unmount it when running the same script immediatley and not in unattended mode with all else being equal? (Yes, the computer running Retrospect Server is logged in to the desktop at all times).

Thanks.

The Backup Set is 6.42 GB right now. I'm mounting that volume via AFP. Interestingly, it works fine as long as I execute that script manually, so I don't see any AFP related problem here.

Are you suggesting that I try FTP backup instead? Would that mean losing resource forks?

Thanks.

Archived