Retrospect "Needs Media" but disk is mounted, empty, & a member

Just installed RS 9 on a new Mac Mini. Previously used 6.X on a G5. I am using a removable 1TB drive to BU to using a selector rule, then I restore it to a raid 5 NAS to be available on demand (Print Shop, we repeat the jobs occasionally). The 1TB HD is the only member so far. I screwed up my selector rule (As the set up is totally diff in 9 of course) first accidentally backed up the entire HD, instead of one folder, then everything in the folder instead of selected files & folders. So I erased the contents of the media member in the "Sources" pane. Now when I try to do a BU, RS complains "Needs Media" even tho it shows the disk member in "Media Sets", and the drive is MT. When I try to add the drive again, RS complains "This Disk Is Already A Member of this Media Set". I would just toss the system files and start fresh, but I want to save my long selector rule that the preview shows works now. Which file would I preserve to save rules if I go that route?

Any Idea's?

THX