When are DVDs going to be fully utilized?

I can't recommend to any client to upgrade, no will I be doing so, until this is addressed by Dantz: Retrospect will only put 3.0 GB on a single 4.7 GB DVD-R or DVD-RW. There is no mention of this in the update difference press release. Also, the fact that there is no user warning that using a CDR in a DVD set will keep you from going back to using DVDs.

Hi

I _believe_ this was resolved in Retrospect 6.0 or the latest update for 6.0 however I can't seem to find confirmation. Your best bet is to download the trial version and make sure Retrospect is performing properly with your device.

The media change issue you mentioned also occurs when switching from CD-R to RW and back again. You can usually change media types once with optical media but we recommend using the same media in your backup sets.

Nate

Quote:

zenjohn said:

I can't recommend to any client to upgrade, no will I be doing so, until this is addressed by Dantz: Retrospect will only put 3.0 GB on a single 4.7 GB DVD-R or DVD-RW. There is no mention of this in the update difference press release. Also, the fact that there is no user warning that using a CDR in a DVD set will keep you from going back to using DVDs.

I have been using DVD_R to backup...and it has been using almost the entire 4.7GB....

-Ric

Archived