Restore older file (not from latest session)

How do I restore an older version of a file from an incremental backup? That is, I don't want the version from the latest session that appears in the Snapshot. Instead I want the copy before it was revised?

Page 47 of the Retrospect Express User's Guide says, "You cannot use a Snapshot to find multiple versions of a file throughout different backup sessions on different dates. However Retrospect Express does provide an easy way of doing this, which is explained under Immediate Restore in Chapter 4."

Chapter 4 does explain how to use Immediate Restore by Search and does show that more than one version of file can be found with different dates in the figure on page 96. However, this appears to result from selecting multiple backup sets in the search. I need to restore an older version from a single incremental backup set. When I search for the file name, only one version (the latest) is found.

Can you help explain how to do this?

Thanks,

Bob Canfield

Thanks for the suggestion, but this does not work. If I put nothing in the search criteria, I get no files in "files chosen." If I type in the name of the specific file I need, I get one file in "files chosen" and it's date is the most recent backup session date.

Is there any way to get an older version of the same file, from the previous backup session dates?

Gratefully,

Bob Canfield

Archived