Error -1121 with LaCie d2 Ethernet Disk mini

Aemetz

As I couldn't find any information when searching this forum by using "error -1121" sequence, I create this new post here:

I have connected an external hard disk drive, LaCie's d2 model called "Ethernet disk mini" to my WinXP Pro notebook. The drive is formatted as FAT32 file system. A warning is given that formatting as NTFS would block write operations to this drive.

I get access to the drive when I'm logged in. However, as soon as I try to create a backup on this drive, Retrospect interrupts the operation and messages "Error -1121".

From Retrospect help I understood that it is possible to copy files stored on a NTFS file system on a FAT32 file system with the limitation that access rights are not saved.

If this is true, and if it's possible to backup from a NTFS formatted HD to a FAT32 HD - as in my case - what do I have to do to get Retrospect operating with this LaCie stuff?

Kind regards

Aemetz

Hi Foster_

With regard to your questions:

1. The LaCie is connected with an USB cable only!

2. FAT32 is definitively requested in the LaCie manuals, otherwise no write-activity is possible to the disk. Win XP also reports that the drive is formatted as FAT32

3. Yes, copying files with Win explorer works fine.

Archived