DVD Backup Question-Non Tec Guy

mikecanon

I have a new HP combo DVD/CD RW. I have tried simple backups with the CD---no problem. I have tried a simple backup to DVD (using "DVD-R" disk). I configured the backup set ok. I started the backup--ok. Backup starts and stops quickly showing a window "Backup Set B" "No Media". The dvd was priviously put in. But I opened the DVD and put the media in again. Nothing happens. Elementry question for you all, but for me I don't know what else to do.

I have a question that is somewhat similar.

My hard drive completely melted down. I now have it replaced, but am having difficulty restoring my backup set.

I am trying to recreate the catalog file from the backup drive using v 6.5 on a WD drive and a message came up to reconfigure the drive for use with retrospect. Thinking this would wipe out my backup, I pressed "ignore" and can't seem to go any further.

Any suggestions? I can see the drive using ASPI, but when I ran the ASPI check it idicated APSI was not installed, so I ran the ASPI Install which seems to have had trouble since I am runing windows xp.

Archived