Some questions about retrospect.

Hi,

I am a new guy like to use retrospect. After evalution, I found some problems. Hope someone kind can answer me.

1. After testing, I found that retrospect will not backup the blank directories. Is it true or I make an mistake?

2. Is there any way to lock the retrospect client such that the user can not change the setting. For example, can't turn off the retrospect client.

3. I know that we can shutdown the macintosh OSX computer after backup, but how about window. Can we do the same thing.

Hi,

Retrospect will not visibly backup empty directories, but they will be stored in the snapshot for their parent volume and will be present after using 'Restore entire volume.'

There is not much you can do to stop users from interacting with the client. The only setting that comes to mind would be to set the countdown timer to 0 on proactive scripts so that users don't have the option to defer the backup.

There is currently no built in option to shut down Windows clients after backup, however it is still possible to do so with an additional script. Please see this KB for more info:

http://kb.dantz.com/article.asp?article=7983&p=2

Archived