DVD+RW - when HP?

I noticed that Ricoh and Sony DVD+RW drives are now supported, but not the HP DVDWriter 100i. Since this drive is actuallg made for HP by Ricoh and is exactly the same as the Ricoh (except for the brand name string in the firmware), can I expect to see it added in the next update? If so, when?

I would like to buy Retrospect Server Backup but I can't until this drive is supported.

• 3 months later...

OK, it's been over 3 months now...HP's new model DVD200i (which supports DVD+R) is on store shelves, and I'm still waiting for Dantz to support either the older HP-DVD100i or the newer HP-DVD200i, which come off the same assembly line and have the exact same specs as several DVD+RW drives you do support. Why won't you support the HP-branded drives? Is there really a technical reason for this?

I agree. I would like to use RetroSpect, but they still don't support the drive. I have a customer that wants to do DVD Backup and already owns one of the HP 200i drives. The problem is that no one supports backing up to this drive across the network. If someone knows of a product that does, please email me.

Shannon

Archived