DVD+RW -205 error on 2nd backup using Backup Set

I am using Retrospect 7 Professional 7.0.326 Update 7.0.11.102

I can successfully backup my system to DVD+RW the 1st time and the full set (3 DVDs) verifies.

With the last DVD still in the drive, I attempt another Backup to the same Backup Set and the following occurs:

a) All data is backed up to the DVD

B) Snapshot is created

c) Status changes to "Erasing disc"

d) Error -205 Lost Access to Storage Media

I cannot understand why it would be erasing a DVD that has active data on it. And that could very well be the reason for the subsequent failure as the drive no longer has a data set on it.

I have disabled all other burning software that I can find as well as upgrading the system BIOS.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you using Thorough Verification or Media Verification?

I'm having a similar problem. Have not yet called tech support but am gathering info for a call. Mine's different in that 1) my drive is on the supported list, a Plextor PX-716A, and 2) I'm using DVD-R, not RW.

At first it seemed to be able to do one backup (even to multiple DVDs), but when I tried a second backup to the same backup set I got errors at the start of the verify pass: -105 unexpected end of data, or -100 device rejected command. The latter is especially troubling since this is a supported device, not auto-config.

Then I had to go out of town for three weeks. Tonight I don't seem to be able to complete even a backup of a single file. It gets one of the above errors when it went back to read the directory, in one case hanging for a long time.

I'll be calling tech support in my Copious Spare Time .

Edward

Archived