Error -3694 Incremental Backup...

I'm getting an error that says "Trouble reading files, error -3694 (An incremental backup cannot be performed when circular logging is enabled)"

I don't have circular logging enabled... I never have. The error occurred immediately after I upgraded from v6.5 to v7. I've uninstalled v7, re-installed. I tried starting fresh (not using the old config files), but still no luck. Nothing on my Exchange Server has changed during this whole issue. Differential backups worked fine with v6 and v6.5. I called tech support several times, but they have no idea what the problem is. Anybody ever see this?

on edit: forgot to mention system... single Exchange Server 2003, Win 2003 Servers, all with latest updates.

Yes, the full backup always works great, and during the troubleshooting process I've ended up trying several different backup sets. I've also started "clean"... installed the server without the configs, created a full Exchange backup to a new backup set with new media, then tried to run a differential backup, but it still fails. I've also tried to reinstall the client software on the Exchange box. I don't think it matters, but my database is around 70GB...

Archived