Jump to content

Apple 2930/DAT/G4

Recommended Posts

I have a G4 with the Apple Adaptec 2930 SCSI card. On this card is a Yamaha 8424 CDRW and a WangDAT DDS-3 drive. Under System 9 all these devices are seen but when I'm in OS-X all I can see is the CDRW. I was hoping that Retrospect 5 would finally let me get the use out of this $$$ DAT drive (and yes, I am not using Express). Both of these are supposed to be compatible so am I missing something here?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I checked the system log and found the following-can it have a meaning:




May 22 13:17:07 localhost mach_kernel: verifyCompatibility(): Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModel" cannot be




May 22 13:17:07 localhost mach_kernel: getDependencyListForKmod(): Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModel of com


.apple.iokit.IOSAMUserClient is not compatible or is unavailable.


May 22 13:17:07 localhost mach_kernel: load_kernel_extension(): Can't get dependencies for kernel extension "com.apple.iokit




May 22 13:17:07 localhost mach_kernel: IOCatalogue: com.apple.iokit.IOSAMUserClient cannot be loaded.






Also- My internal ATAPI Zip 250 is not recognized in retrospect either. I am using the Iomega drivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spoke with a few people and they all agree there maybe something wrong with your OS install.




Do you have any Apple Developer's Kit beta software installed or something different in the effect?


Or a Beta OS or something different?




I think you should try a clean, fresh install of your OS. Or take the drive to another computer with OSX and see if it works properly.





Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I do have the Dev kits installed, including April's beta.




I also did some more testing and noticed that using the Adaptec 1.0.2 and 1.1 drivers didn't see the DAT drive but completely removing them and using the OS X driver (under 10.1.4) for the card did see the drive (but then the CD-R wasn't seen with the OS driver, and with 1.0.2 the chain locked up.)




I don't think I've done any testing since the 10.1.5 update.




I'd hope there's an easier way than re-installing the whole OS, since I don't have a backup since I haven't been able to get Retrospect working completely yet ;>

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...