new iMac & external FW CDRW??

I am running OSX on my new iMac (flat screen one) and backing up Retrospect to an external Yamaha drive =- seems to work fine = but had a problem yesterday since I couldn't access my internal slot CD-RW burner until I unhooked the FW connection to the Yamaha -- and then this morning, the iMac and Retro wouldn't 'recognize' the Retro disk in the Yamaha and I had to reboot to get it to show up as a device....

is there some simpler and less conflicting way of not only using Retro with the external drive but also being able to use the iMac internal drive? I want to haveRetro as a dedicated job on the external drive but am having problems = don't know if it's a preference in X or in Retro or whatever...

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if your meaning "at the same time"...

meaning while Retrospect is backing up to the Yamaha drive, you would like to be able to use your other drive to do other things. If this is the case, no. You can't do this currently with OSX and Retrospect while Retrospect is running.

If this isn't what you mean, then I don't really have any ideas on this one.....

Melissa

Archived