"assertion failure"? "memutil.CPP-150" error message

mattguss

What does this mean? This error message popped up on both my computers yesterday. The error message says "this is a serious error, an assertion failure at memutil.cpp-150. Log has been written to assert_log.utx

It keeps popping up every 5 minutes or so. what is it? How can I fix? Should I reinstall the maxtor software?

Thanks,

Matt

I have: windows xp pro, maxtor 200 gig, retrospect express hd

• 1 month later...

I'm having the exact same problem as mattquss. Almost the same setup too - Win XP Professional, Maxtor OneTouch II 250 gig, Retrospect Express HD 1.0.196.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times as well as removing the settings files, but the problem won't go away.

Everything seemed to work fine for several weeks after initial install, but then that message starting popping up.

The "welcome to Retrospect Express HD for the Maxtor one touch" "updating status" screen comes up, but the program is locked up at that point and hitting the setup button does nothing.

Very frustrating! Any help welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem as mattquss and Mickey Aquarius. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, as suggested but still have the same problem. As Mickey Aquarius says above, the problem did not start until a few weeks after installing Retrospect Express HD 1.0.196.

Can anyone help us?

Thanks

tommyc

Archived