Retro 6.5 on Windows 2003 with Tape Library

rhs1964

We were running Retro 6.5 on a 2000 Server with no problem. After switching to 2003 our Retro can't see the Tape Library (made by overland). the Tape Library is connected to the Server through a SCSI card. Please advise me what am i doing wrong. Also, for some reasons the memory has just gone bad, the current memory is showing as if we have 256mb. We have ordered new memory. Does it has to do with having such a low memory that the Tape Library is not coming up in the devices list. Thanks

RHS

rashid@andrew.cmu.edu

I have upgraded the system to 6.5.350 and it is on SCSI PCI 39160 Ultra160. I think the card might be faulty also, because previously when I used to reboot the server, on the startup screen I used to see "overland ..." I don't see that anymore. Please let me know if you any suggestions. Thanks

Hi

That sounds bad. Are you sure you don't have a bad motherboard? It seems really odd that you would have bad RAM and a bad SCSI card.

When you boot the computer you should be able to boot into the SCSI bios of the adaptec card. That will show you if the card can see the library or not.

Thanks

Nate

Archived