backup to ultra ata drive?

I seem to be having trouble with retrospect recognizing my internal ultra ata 100 drive. It's mounted on the desktop. The backup server is a relativelty new G4 AGP with factory ata drives. The drive in question is a new one that we bought just for this purpose. Like I said, the drive is mounted on the desktop, and I am abe to select the storage set that is located on the drive, but when I try to backup it says to select a new or ifferent drive.

Anyone know what's going on here??

Thanks for responding, Melissa. Ok, I think retro might be wondering why I am backing up to an internal drive...don't worry I'm also doing it to an external for off-site. I'm using an old copy of retro 4.0. This was my first attempt at backing up our new NAS Snap Server. the message is as follows...A window, titled "internal backup"(the name of our storage set selected) opens after scanning all of the files selected. The window says "Please choose a new disk...It will be named "1-internal backup"(again, the name of our storage set) then (about 53.7 G remaining to store). The window also shows my firewire drive as selected and has the buttons-"stop"; "proceed"; "eject"; and "scsi status".

This occured while attempting an immediate backup using verification, with compression turned off, matching turned off, and synchronize clients clocks selected. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

You created the wrong type of backupset. You need to create a FILE backupset.

To do a backup to a file backup set, choose "Create New" from within Configure>Backup Sets. From within the backup set creation window, set the "Storage Type" to "File". Name the backup set, click New, and save it on your destination hard drive. When doing your immediate or scheduled backup, select the newly created backup set as your destination.

Archived