Common File Types for Backup

I have a simple question regarding the Retrospect Express HD software. I'm creating documentation to hand out to our users regarding backing up their information to the Maxtor drives we will be sending them.

Basically my question is, when you select "Let me choose files by type" what are the common file extensions it includes in it's backups. The help only gives 1 example per section. I would like ot know what other extensions it looks for. I've done a few backups with this option and checked only 'Pictures' 'Music' 'Movies' and 'Microsoft Office documents' and the list i've come up with includes:

bmp, ico, xml, rmi, ini, lnk, xls, wk4, ppt, wav, doc, wpd, wma, wpl, db, pst, png, mov, jpg, avi, mp3, cue, psd, gif, tif, ost

are there any other file extensions it looks for such as pdf, flac, mpc , etc.? i want to make sure when we give them this documentation they understand that it will only back up these extensions and what they are, and if they want to back up anything else they'll need to manually choose what to back up

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler

• 2 weeks later...

Archived