Script Backup A waiting for media? WTF?!

Here's the situation:

I'm running Retrospect Single Server 6.x on MS Windows Server 2003. Retrospect performs rotating weekly backups on two external firewire drives. The drives are 250GB each. We are backing up documents on 10 workstations and the server.

Things were fine for the past 10 months. In the last three weeks, I get the following error message about three days into the week:

"Script Backup ___ waiting for media"

Is there anything that could cause this other than the disks being full? I've checked to make sure the backup volumes are available and working. I don't see how they could be getting filled up in only three days of progressive backups.

What gives?

--Matt

Hi Nate,

I'm using Retrospect Single server v6.5x. I'm not in front of the machine right now, so I can't tell you how much space is available on the disks. When this last happened on Friday, there was only 828MB available on the backup drive (out of 250GB), so obviously the disk was full.

I have reason to believe someone has put gigs & gigs of personal files on one of the workstations, but I didn't want to go there until I confirmed that "waiting for media" is the error I'd get if the backup disk was full.

--Matt

Archived