info on script schedule and use?

I just got Retrospect and I would like to have it run a daily backup to a tape drive that can be taken offsite at the end of the day and then do one to a storage drive that will be done at night.

I've been playing around with but I would like to know if I'm going about this in the right way.

I would like to use the Proactive Backup but have it run at strict times. I tried putting in the schedule but it seems to run all over the place even though the clients are all available at the same times.

If I want the same two scripts to run daily every day without me having to constantly watch them, should I just use regular scripted backup?

Also, if I'm using RDP to get into retrospect on the backup server, do I have to leave the RPD session open or leave retrospect open for the scripts to run on their own?

Hi

Proactive backups will obey the schedule you set in the script settings although Retrospect may at least launch outside of that window. The proactive engine will run even though the script doesn't start until the the time is right.

You should leave the RDP session open.

Thanks

Nate

Archived