Few error messages

I performed a duplicate file backup which appears to have gone well except for the following errors resulted. Please tell me how to correct these errors:

5/13/2002 9:01:09 PM: Copying Drive C (C:)

1) I do not know why these two files cannot be deleted from my C hard drive or if they are even needed. I do not recall, even, how the files got there. I do not have any programs on my system that uses these two files that I know of. After deleting all files from the following directory, there are two files that I cannot delete. I have attempted to delete them with several offered suggestions, but they will not delete; maybe they are some required files. I decided to leave them alone, and the system has been operating fine without bothering them. This is why the folder is named "cant delete contents of this folder". But the duplicate backup generates these errors. What do you suggest I do?

File "C:\Cant Delete Contents of this folder\ATI Multimedia\ATI-TV Wonder Information ": can't read, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

File "C:\Cant Delete Contents of this folder\mIRC\mIRC Homepage of the IRC ": can't read, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

2) How do I correct this:

File "C:\Program Files\Dantz\Retrospect\config55.dat": appears incomplete

3) I believe the following error means that my firewall may have been having some activity while the system was in the process of performing the duplication. I read, some where, that this is normal for a file that has activity while duplication was in progress and this is not a problem. Please confirm if what I read is correct since I cant remember where I saw it?

5/13/2002 9:23:41 PM: Comparing Drive C on Buslink (F:)

File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ZALog.txt": didn't compare at offset 48 in stream "Data"

SUMMARY

5/13/2002 9:49:34 PM: 4 execution errors

Completed: 47995 files, 6.4 GB

Thanks for any responses that will help me understand and/or correct the above.

• 2 months later...

I can only offer help on your #1.

I've seen a similar problem before on a Win NT 4 machine where we were trying to delete a file and got an error that it could not be deleted. When the machine was restarted the file/folder no longer existed.

What it sounds like retrospect is trying to read a file that the operating system says is there but really shouldn't be. Sounds like you are in an unusual situation. I don't know if you have tried restarting the machine - if so I don't know what else to tell you.

Best of luck

Archived