Zero files found to restore!!!

I have several Mac system and windows backuped everyday.

I am trying to restore one Mac system.

As per our backup report, this system has been backuped 3 and 4 days ago with success.

However when following up the step into the manual to restore files or find files already backup ed, I am finding Zero files...

I am really confused... I really need to restore my files...

this is what i did exactly:

1- Restore ---° Select Files ---Select Backup Set ---- Add snapshot and found 0 files related to this Mac

However i can see many files attahced to other snapshot...

My backup is set to be excecute on a daily/Weekly script...

Any help to know how to restore my missing files will be appreciated...

Thank you

Dany

Hi

What version of OSX? And what version of Retrospect client?

Do your logs (Not the backup report) show sucessful backups of the OSX client? How many files does it say were copied from the machine?

Are you using a custom selector in your backups?

What happens if you try to restore using the search for files option rather than restore from snapshots?

Thanks

Nate

Hi

What version of OSX? And what version of Retrospect client?

-- OS X 10.2

-- Client: 5.0.536

Do your logs (Not the backup report) show sucessful backups of the OSX client? How many files does it say were copied from the machine?

-- How to check it?

Are you using a custom selector in your backups?

-- What do u mean?

What happens if you try to restore using the search for files option rather than restore from snapshots?

-- No files found

Sorry but i am new with Retrospect and thx fopr your understanding...

Dany

Hi

You can check the details of each backup operation in the Retrospect log. Click on the "Window" menu at the top of the screen in Retrospect and open the log from there.

Each backup will show how many files were backed up. Look for the backups of the OSX client you are trying to restore and verify how many files were backed up or if there were errors in the backup.

In your backup setup screen there is an item that says "selecting". The default setting is "all files". What does it say on your machine?

Thanks

nate

Hello Nate

Thanx for your reply,

Each backup will show how many files were backed up. Look for the backups of the OSX client you are trying to restore and verify how many files were backed up or if there were errors in the backup.

----> No files need to be copied

In your backup setup screen there is an item that says "selecting". The default setting is "all files". What does it say on your machine?

--> it shows all OS files from

Documents

Desktop

Favorites

All windows files from

My Documents

However the same scripts are running to backup multiple terminals (16) Windows and Mac...

I discovered that about 9 are backuped (including windows and Mac) and for the rest No files need to be copied...

My MAC system was stolen now and I believe that I lost my data...

Wondering to know why the report shows everything is ok however no more details...

What do i need to do right now to keep backuping my others systems Windows and MAc that are not backuped!!!

Thank you Nate

Dany

Archived