Partition File Backups?

Hi,

I am curious to know if there is any way to partition the file that gets created while doing a file backup. I'm backing up to a 45 gb Firewire Drive. The file that is created at the end of my backup cycle is almost 2 gb in size. I want to know if my script can automatically split this file up into 650 mb segments that can then be saved onto cd-rw's. I have to go this route until my drive (QPS Que!Fire 24x10x40x) gets supported... hopefully before hell freezes over.

I'm using Retrospect 4.5 on the Macintosh. I want to upgrade to 5.0, but am reluctant to do so until I can get a straight answer on whether or not my drive will ever be supported.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

Bummer! Any progress on qualifying the QPS Que!Fire 24x10x40x? I know that it's been in testing for quite some time, and I know that some drives will never be qualified; but the QPS drive is the one that tops all of the others in the reviews that I've read. Most of the other QPS drives are supported. I fear that I might have to switch back up solutions, which would be a shame because I've always used and loved Retrospect.

Regards,

Chris

Archived