norton errors

danrocket

I recieved the following erors when I backed up my drive. What do these errors mean and will they affect my ability to restore in "disastor recovery" mode

File "C:\WINNT\system32\Perflib_Perfdata_334.dat": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

5/13/2002 11:03:50 AM: Snapshot stored, 26.9 MB

5/13/2002 11:04:32 AM: Comparing Drive C (C:)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Real\rnadmin\rnsystem.dat": different modify date/time (set: 5/13/2002 10:07:28 AM, vol: 5/13/2002 10:58:14 AM)

5/13/2002 12:06:56 PM: 2 execution errors

Completed: 34689 files, 3.0 GB, with 19% compression

Performance: 52.5 MB/minute (57.5 copy, 48.2 compare)

Duration: 01:57:26 (00:02:47 idle/loading/preparing)

www.dantz.com/knowledgebase and put in the word

compare errors you will get information on these errors.

More importantly, you do not have to worry. The file that got the error in the compare stage, still got copied, and will restore.

"C:\WINNT\system32\Perflib_Perfdata_334.dat" I do not know what this file is. If it's important - then close the file and try to back it up again (it sounds like a database that was open...but I cannot tell).

So it was live and running. That is why you got an error on it.

After making copies of all files to be backed up, Retrospect goes back to the source and rereads each file and compares it to the corresponding file read from the backup media. If they are not identical, Retrospect displays an error.Retrospect will try to copy any files that don't verify during the next normal backup to this backup set. If the error is a different modify date or time (such as "File 'Home.html': different modify date/time.") then the file was most likely modified or saved between the original backup pass and the compare pass. The file will be recopied at the next backup.

Archived