Retrospect Backup Express

gkeevash

Hi There

I have just purchased and installed Retrospect Backup Express 5.6.

I have been trying to backup to CD-RW using Plextor 40/12/40A drive with EMTEC BASF 74min/650MB 1x - 4x CD-RW's.

The Backup seems to engage and perform OK until the first disc becomes complete and then I get an error 206 "bad media" message. The drive has writen the data to the first CD-RW and when checking through windows exlporer the properties of the CD-RW are shown as being a 100% full. So it appears that when the first disc became full the drive/software does not seem to realise that another subsequent disc is required, i.e. the system does not seem to recognise that 6GB of data needs to span several discs/CD-RW's.

I would be extremely grateful if someome could provide a solution to the problem that I am experiencing so that I can make trouble free, secure backups to CD-RW's that have the required level of integrity so that I can restore from them if necessary

I have placed the error message from the operations log below

Thank you in anticipation fo your support and cooperation

Regards

GK

==================================================================

Additional error information for device "Plextor CD-RW" [1:0],

Sense > f0 00 03 00 02 a4 f3 0a 00 00 00 00 0c 07 00 00 00 00

(PLEXTOR |CD-R PX-W4012A|1.00)

Trouble writing: "1-Backup Set A" (329252864), error -206 (drive reported a failure: dirty heads, bad media, etc.)

12/05/2002 02:55:50: Execution stopped by operator

Remaining: 10126 files, 1.3 GB

Completed: 0 files, zero KB

Performance: 0.0 MB/minute

Duration: 01:04:13 (00:23:24 idle/loading/preparing)

Quit at 12/05/2002 02:55

==================================================================

This drive is not supported with Retrospect at this time.

Dantz goes through a rigorous qualification process with every drive we test. This means that not every drive will be qualified and we can never guarantee that a particular device will be supported. For a list of the drives that are currently compatible with Retrospect software, please check our device compatibility guide at:

www.dantz.com/hardware

Archived