Activator Code Conflict

I am using 4.3 with 5 new licenses and 10 from an older version. There are 2 licenses available. I added a new client in a hurry when my boss wanted a laptop not belonging to an activated client backed up. I activated the new client and ran the backkup.

When I tried to run the backup for one of our old clients I got an "Activator code conflict" message. The log identified that the newly added computer and the older client had the same code. I don't understand how the same code got assigned for the new client. So I "forgot" the older client so I could start it over.

Now the older client doesn't show up on the client list but if I try to configure the forgotten client by IP address I get the Activator code conflict message.

Maybe I'm being dense but I can' figure out how to fix this and I really MUST backup the forgotten client. Can anyone help?

Thanks

The original client that you installed was an old version that had an activator code. These have been replaced by License Manager now, but clients that were upgraded still have the old codes.

To permanently remove them and avoid activator code conflicts, forget the clients from the Retrospect application, uninstall the client software, and reinstall the latest version.

I am still having problems solving the activator code conflict using 4.3. I have 10 previous version license spots and 5 new ones. I have forgotten all 13 clients and reinstalled the client software v. 4.3 on each client computer. One client (called "Pam")continues to show as "not logged in." It seems like whenever I add a client it finds a conflict with the activator code for Pam.

any suggestions for what to try next? I'm really frustrated!

Archived