execution errors

Andi

Thank you for your response Melissa. My trouble now is there are no error numbers listed. It just says different modify date and time. I looked in the database and the only listing I saw for this type of error is in association with Macintosh systems and it is not exactly what my problem is. Plus, I use windows. Has anyone had this problem using multiple disks to backup on? I would think if I had not successfully backed up there would be a message stating such. HELP! :)

Andi

A compare error occurs during verifying when Retrospect determines a file it copied to the destination is not identical to the file copied from the source. The file in question is not considered valid in the destination. If this happened during a backup, for example, Retrospect would try to copy the file again during the next normal backup to this backup set.

When you know the file was in use at the time the copying was done, a compare error is usually nothing to worry about. It simply means the file changed between backup and verification. Compare errors which mention data or resource offsets usually indicate device communication problems.

Archived