New disaster recovery gets hung up on "ousb2.inf"

Using Retrospect ver 6.5.342. After a recent Win98SE crash, used the Disaster Recovery CD to restore and it worked fine. However, the backup set on that was a couple of months old, so decided to do a new one.

Everything went fine creating the .iso file until it was down to about 50MB (and 449 files) when it just got hung up on "ousb2.inf," a USB hub driver. I stopped it and tried again with same result, and waited an hour with no more progress.

I suppose I could delete it and then restore from the recycle bin afterwards, but then when burn the CD it won't have that driver, which suppose I need.

This never happened before. Any idea why, and what to do about t?

Hi

I've had nothing but trouble with USB2 drives in Windows 98/ME even in daily operation. The fact that there are problems on restore doesn't suprise me too much. Your idea of deleting the file and then reinstalling that driver later is a good approach.

Thanks

Nate

Thanks, Nate, I did try the deleting and restore and everything worked just fine. Computers sure

keep you on your toes!

What a surprise to hear from somebody in Nagano. I lived for two years in Kyoto waaaay back in

1949-51 and often took the train (an 8-hour trip to Tokyo back then!) and trams up to Kanbaiashi and

other wonderful places in Nagano. During the Korean War, we could stay in some of the most beautiful inns that were taken over by the Occupation for $1.00/day! My wife is from Kyoto and her sister and family later moved to Toyashina-machi and also had a ski lodge in Hakuba. We visited them and what a beautiful place. I just love the Japan Alps and have climbed many of the mountains, and also climbed Fuji-san three times.

I really don't like cities, being a country boy, but I think Kyoto is one of the most wonderful cities in the world.

Thanks for your reply. If you want to reply, write to desertrat7374@hotmail.com

Geoff

Archived