HoldMyHand

HoldMyHand

This is so depressing. I picked my username HoldMyHand for a reason, but I didn't think it would be this bad... Where's the Post icon? I can't find it and I want to post a new query.

OK, I found it. Totally by accident. Here's my plight, with Retrospect 6.5 for Windows, running on an XP machine. I'm at my wits end. I thought this product was fabulous, but after one initial backup each to my LAN and to an internal 750MB Zip disk, I'm unable to repeat backups to these two devices with the scripts that I wrote. I'm getting:

1. Attempted Manual Backup to Zip, from Run, via the script that I wrote.

- Select a disk. Selected Zip. Got message : "This disk is in use as another member, choose another disk or location."

2. Attempted Weekly Progressive Backup to file server, from Run, via the script that I wrote.

- Select a disk to add as storage to Backup Set 2004… (data will probably fit on one new 5.6 G disk)

- After a lengthy wait, asks for passwordm which I provide. Get error: Server login failed, error 1116 (Can’t access network volume.) (Please try using the Explorer to connect.)

How can I get Retrospect 6.5 to work for me?

HoldMyHand

Hi

What is the exact name of the zip disk you selected? According to the backup set properties in Retrospect how much space is used on that disk?

Where on the LAN did you store your backup? Is it a server of some kind?

Thanks

Nate

Archived