Retrospect Express HD

Sk8erG4388

Well I like many Purchased the Maxtor Onetouch II Drive that came with Retrospect Express HD software Version 1.0.196 and for me it seems I have a diffrent problem that most people have then again I bet quite a few people are also haveing my same problem. It starts out fine and everything loads up ok like all the buttons and options work with the Onetouch software but when I open the Retrospect Express HD program, by clicking the button in the Onetouch software or clicking the icon in the tray I can never get anywhere with it. Like after the Retrospect program finally loads up and I go to click setup it wont do anything. Also when windows starts up it wants to access the internet and if I do let it, again nothing ever happens. My operating system is Windows 2000 Pro and my computer is a Compaq Presario 1600-XL145 Notebook PC with 192 MB of Ram. So anybody now how to fix some of these problems so I could atleast atempt to backup my system?

That link helped explain some things. The firewall Im useing is eTrust EZ Firewall witch is almost the exact same thing as the Zone Alarm Firewall. So could you explain how I could configure my TCP/IP connections on my Firewall to allow the Retrospect program to work?

Archived