Retrospect 7: Why is disaster recovery an option?

kaikow

Quote:

states that "Recover a failed computer" and "Disaster Recovery CD" both "Requires optional add-on".

I thought that Retrospect 7 included the same DR capabilities as 6.5.

That's just plain nuts! doh.gif

I'll stick with v6.5 - I don't see any functional advantages to upgrade to v7 (actually, it seems to me it's a downgrade)!

Hi

Disaster recovery for the local computer is included in:

Retrospect Professional

Retrospect SBS (Standard and Premium)

Disaster Recovery for client computers is limited to Retrospect Disk to Disk and above and requires the Disaster recovery add-on. The add on is also required for local machines running all other Retrospect versions.

Confused yet? tongue.gif

Anyway - local DR is still included in Retrospect Professional. Live restores can be used to do full restores of client machines.

Thanks

Nate

Quote:

Hi

Disaster recovery for the local computer is included in:

Retrospect Professional

Retrospect SBS (Standard and Premium)

Disaster Recovery for client computers is limited to Retrospect Disk to Disk and above and requires the Disaster recovery add-on. The add on is also required for local machines running all other Retrospect versions.

Confused yet?
tongue.gif

Anyway - local DR is still included in Retrospect Professional. Live restores can be used to do full restores of client machines.

Thanks

Nate

That's what I thought.

Dantz needs to correct the link to which I pointed and assure that statement made are ACCURATE.

Archived