Exclusion is ignored

kai

I have a little problem with my Retrospect Single Server 6.5. Select the files that should be backuped I try to define an exclusion with 'name of folder contains 'program files/ms sql server/etc''. But the exclusion is completely ignored by the script. Can it be a problem with the spaces?

• 3 weeks later...

Does not work *sigh* I tried some things but the result is always the same.

I define "Select all files but always exclude Windows file or folder does contain 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data'". Clicking on the 'check selector' after that, it works and all Files except this folder are selected. But after the nightly backup the following errors are logged:

File "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\csmaster.ldf": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\csmaster.mdf": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\demo.ldf": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\demo.mdf": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\fov_demo.mdf": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

This is very annoying...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived