Windows Support Status Qualified

Minimum Product Required Professional

Minimum Version Required 6.5

Minimum Driver Update 5.4.110

Minimum Firmware Version

Driver is included in 6.5 and has been working fine

now upgraded to 7.0.265 with RDU 7.0.3.101 but no Driver

Retrospect is asking for custom configuration

What happened to that driver ? Will it be back some day ?

toshiba.jpg

Hi

Do you have two of these drives attached to your machine? According to Retrospect the drive is showing as primary master 0:0:0 and secondary master 1:0:0. That doesn't seem right to me.

Did you also enable ASPI in the Retrospect preferences? If you do not Retrospect will not use it. Retrospect 7 now uses NT passthrough by default. It was the other way around in Retrospect 6.5.

Thanks

Nate

Hi Nate,

please have a look at these 4 screenshots at the end and You will see that 6.5 with NT Passthrough has a built in driver for the SD-R5372 and 7.0 does not

with ASPI neither of them sees the drives as ASPI does not recognize the IDE Controller

fyi Hardware is : 2 SD-R5372 (primary Master and secondary Master, no slaves) HPT 8-Channel SATA-Raid with 1 single Drive, 1 Raid0, 1 Raid1, 1 Raid5 Array as You can see on the Shots

it is not a problem of seeing the devices, but 7.0 just does not contain a built in driver for this drive anymore, 6.5 did do so. I propably could manage by custom configuring these drives, but my experience is that custom configurations are very slow on backups and you have to have all types of media you might want to use in the future right from the beginning as you cannot add a media type to the configuration later on (what a pitty). built in drivers are easyer to handle and more reliable. I am using only fully qualified Drives with my customers and would like to sell upgrades without needing to sell new Hardware aswell, as it is hard to explain to the customer that the newer/better Version of Retrospect is not capable of using the 3 month old hardware which is fully qualified by the Version he is using now.

So again my questions:

Why did the build in Driver disappear ?

Will it be back in some future RDU ?

tia

Simon

Retrospect 70

Devices visible using NT Passthrough with 2 SD-R5372 at 0:0:0 and 1:0:0 no Driver found asking for Custom Configuration

toshiba70NTP.jpg

Retrospect 70

Devices visible using ASPI with NO SD-R5372 seen by Retrospect

toshiba70ASPI.jpg

Retrospect 65

Devices visible using NT Passthrough with 2 SD-R5372 at 0:0:0 and 1:0:0 and built in Driver

toshiba65NTP.jpg

Retrospect 65

Devices visible using ASPI with NO SD-R5372 seen by Retrospect

toshiba65ASPI.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived