SQL Server container not resolving all databases

gmiller61

Using:

7.0.249 Multi Server running on Windows 2000 Server

SQL Server 2000 Standard running on Windows 2003 Server

When running a SQL Full Backup, the SQL Server container does not resolve all the databases in the container. The number of databases resolved varies from run to run.

The SQL Server container resolves correctly when selecting databases manually for backup.

Also noticed the following error in the log when first starting the backup:

Normal backup using SQL Full Backup at 3/9/2005 10:00 PM

necoReqResp: requested 108: expected code 202 and 4 bytes, got 201 and 218 bytes

~Greg

Nate,

Quote:

Be sure to install the 7.0.265 update released today.

Retested with 7.0.265. Problem persists.

Quote:

Is the backup excluding older/existing databases or just newly created ones?

The backup is resolving the database container alphabetically by database name. The total number of databases is 135. The number resolved for backup varies between 7 and 40, generally a different number each time. I don't see any pattern between older/existing vs. newly created.

Here is the top of the backup log for a recent attempt:

Normal backup using SQL Full Backup at 3/19/2005 10:00 PM

necoReqResp: requested 108: expected code 202 and 4 bytes, got 201 and 218 bytes

Resolved container SQL Server on revsql to 7 volumes:

ECV22 on revsql

ECV24 on revsql

ECV25 on revsql

master on revsql

model on revsql

msdb on revsql

Northwind on revsql

To Backup Set SQL Backup B...

What does the necoReqResp line indicate? This only appears when resolving the database container. If I select the databases manually, it does not appear.

~Greg

Hi

Do all of the databases show up properly in the configure->clients->client->properties->volumes screen?

The logging info shouldn't be showing up. It is supposed to be filtered out. We should get some more detailed logging here.

type CTRL + ALT +P +P at any screen in Retrospect, turn trees and volumes logging to 6 and reproduce the problem once. Then send the Retrospect operations log (operations_log.utx) to me at pacrimsupport@dantz.com

Thanks

Nate @ EMC Dantz support

Nate,

Quote:

Do all of the databases show up properly in the configure->clients->client->properties->volumes screen?

Yes.

Quote:

type CTRL + ALT +P +P at any screen in Retrospect, turn trees and volumes logging to 6 and reproduce the problem once. Then send the Retrospect operations log (operations_log.utx) to me at

Sent.

~Greg

• 6 months later...

Archived