scheduled back ups don't run

tedjeo

Hi,

I've got four PC systems, 2 on Win 2000 and 2 on XP pro that have external Maxtor drives. All run Retro 6.0 OEM that came with the drives.

We set up scripts to run daily and weekly back ups of the local drives. No network back ups. They ran just fine for weeks on end, now, all of a sudden, they stopped working. I went to one of the external hard drives today (2/2/05) and the last time the backup ran was 1/24/05. When I start up Retrospect, the very first thing it wants to do is execute the scripts (that hadn't run yet).

What gives? The scripts check out okay, they say they are scheduled. They are to be performed when the machines are on and running. What's the issue?

BTW, one of the XP pro machines does NOT have the issue.....that one is my desktop!

Thanks

Hey.. I have *exactly* the same problem with one of my customers, and another I think this is happening as well. That's why I have joined this forum today.

There is nothing on the Dantz knowledgbase about this problem, I have e-mailed their support.

They are running Windows XP, Retrospect v 6.5.319, on Seagate Tapestor Travan external USB2 drive

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I would uninstall Retrospect, reboot and then reinstall. On XP and 2000 the uninstall will not delete your settings or backups but it will reinstall all the Retrospect application files. Most importantly it will reinstall the Retrospect launcher service which is likely corrupt on your machine.

Thanks

Nate

Archived