Retrospect 6.5 and error code 1102 (drive missing/unavailable)

ls04

I am using Retrospect 6.5 on a Windows XP (SP2) machine with three clients all of which are XP SP2 as well. I have one client machine that has worked fine up until last weekend. When I came in on Monday I got the error code 1102 for it. There was someone else using the client machine over the weekend and I thought maybe something they may have changed might be the problem. I did find that the Windows firewall had been turned back ON which was a change. I turned that setting back to OFF thinking that would solve the problem but I'm still getting the error message.

I have rebooted the client machine and checked that it is available on our local network. Then I looked at the properties of the client machine through Retrospect from my backup machine under the General Tab and when I click refresh it shows "connected".

I'm at a loss on this.......can anyone help???

Hi

1102 is not a client generated error. It means that Retrospect cannot find a disk or a folder that is specified somewhere in your scripts. It most commonly happens when a backup destination disk is formatted.

Take a look at your scripts and the configure volumes window. Are any of the disks greyed out? If so just set up your scripts to use the correct volumes again.

nate

Nate,

One of the other things I tried was to delete the client and then add it again and my backup worked fine over the weekend. I'll keep your suggestion in mind if this ever comes up again.....it seems a little less radical than mine!

Thanks,

Lisa

Archived