How to make daily copies instead of backups?

sefuller

We recently got Retrospective packaged with an external HD for backups. We would like a daily copy of our Quickbooks company file, and our two Access Databases. At the end of the week, we would like to end up with a copy of each weekday's files, i.e. a copy of Monday's files, a copy of Tuesday's files etc. to be overwritten on each corresponding day the next week. I can get a backup script to run automatically each day (although it always prompts me for the location instead of running automatically) but I can't find a way to automate a copy each day. Is there a way to do this with Express, or do we need to buy the full version? We are running Win98 SE if it matters.

Thanks,

Scott Fuller

Hi

If you are running normal backups (using the "backup" feature) any files that change will be backed up. That means your quick books file is already being backed up 5 times a week anyway. You can easily restore any of these past versions if you like.

You could also set up 5 different backup sets and have Retrospect backup to a different set every day.

Nate

Archived